- Rental groups are not permitted to sublet to any other parties without prior approval from Mile One Centre.
- Each skater and/or participant must take full responsibility for their own safety upon entry into Mile One Centre and act in a safe manner.
- All patrons must abide by Mile One Centre Conditions of Admittance posted at all facility entrances.
- All group members are to abide by Mile One Centre Dressing Room Policies and Ice Skating Rules as posted in the dressing rooms.
- Alcohol and its consumption are prohibited in dressing rooms. The no alcohol policy will be strictly enforced.
- Mile One Centre is a Smoke Free facility. Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all areas of the building.
- Mile One Centre is not legally responsible for any lost or stolen items. Each licensee group is responsible for securing their own dressing rooms. Our Lost & Found is located in the Box Office.
- Patrons are to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before, and depart no later than 10 minutes after their scheduled ice time, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Mile One Centre requires 10 minutes to flood the ice between rentals. In order to be fair to all groups and keep on time with our rental schedule, patrons must adhere to this policy and promptly vacate the ice once the horn has sounded at the end of their rental period.
General Safety Policies
- All patrons MUST wear a CSA approved hockey or ski helmet with chin strap. The chin strap must be worn properly. No other type of head protection will be accepted.
- No portable music devices (i.e. I-Pods, MP3 Players etc) are to be worn while on the ice.
- Skating aides are allowed during private rental.
- Wearing outdoor footwear on the ice is extremely dangerous. Adults who accompany children onto the ice without skates, do so at their own risk.
- Children are not permitted to be carried while on the ice.
- Food and beverage are not permitted on the ice.
- Patrons are not permitted on the ice while the zamboni is in use.
- The maximum number of persons permitted on the ice at one time cannot exceed 50.
- To ensure the safety of all patrons on the ice, Mile One Centre does not divide the ice surface during rentals. As such, patrons may rent the ice to either play hockey or have a recreational skate, but they cannot do both at the same time. In the case of ice rentals for the purpose of two or three scrimmages, and providing all skaters are wearing the required protective gear, Mile One Centre can divide the ice. If you require the ice to be divided, please advise us when booking your rental.
COVID-19 Specific Policies
- There is a maximum of 50 people permitted on the ice surface at one time, including participants, coaches and officials, as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
- Only designated washrooms are permitted to be used by the user groups.
- Follow directional arrows and signage posted throughout the facility.
- Face masks or face shields are required to be worn by all individuals 5 and older upon entering the facility unless there is a medical reason in which a face mask or face shield cannot be worn. The face mask or face shield must cover the persons nose and mouth completely.
- Face masks or face shields can be taken off when the helmet is being put on before going onto the ice surface.
- Social events and congregating post rental are not permitted. Post session food or beverages are not permitted.
- No spitting while inside the facility.
- Mile One Centre staff will track information for all patrons entering the facility including their name, date of visit, time of visit, contact information and other necessary related information. This information will only be used in the event contact tracing is required due to a potential exposure.
- The user group is responsible for ensuring that COVID-19 screening takes place daily with all volunteers, coaches, parents/spectators and participants prior to their entry into the facility.
As per the Department of Health and Community Services guidelines no one is permitted into the facility:
- If they have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in close contact within the past 14 days that have the below symptoms
- Fever or signs of fever (including chills, sweats, muscle aches, lightheadedness), cough, headache, sore throat, painful swallowing, runny nose, diarrhea, loss of sense of smell or taste, unexplained loss of appetite, or small red or purple spots on your hands and/or feet.
- If they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are awaiting test results for COVID-19, or had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- If they have returned to the province (Atlantic Bubble) within the past 14 days.
- If they have had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness and have travelled outside of the province (Atlantic Bubble) in the past 14 days.
- If they have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
If someone becomes sick or shows symptoms of COVID-19 then they are to isolate in the designated isolation room (multi-purpose room) wearing their face mask until they can leave the facility. Any instances of illness are to be reported to the Building Security staff immediately so that additional cleaning can take place.
- Patrons must enter and exit Mile One Centre via Gate 5. Physical distancing is to be maintained in this area and participants/parents/spectators may need to wait outside until the area is sufficiently cleared before entering/exiting the building. Please follow directional signage.
- The entrance will be opened no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the user groups ice time.
- The doors will be locked again once the ice time has started. Any late participants will not have access to the facility.
- Participants should be wearing as much equipment as possible, upon arrival, to reduce time required in the change rooms.
- Participants are to come with filled personal water bottles labelled.
- All individuals are to sanitize their hands at Gate 5 prior to entering the facility.
- User groups are to leave the facility within 10 minutes after their ice time.
Parent / Guardian Access
- Only one parent/guardian per skater is permitted in the facility.
- Doors to the facility will be locked at all times. If a parent/guardian leaves, re-entry will not be permitted.
- There will be one designated washroom available to parents/guardians (located on the main concourse).
- Parents/guardians will be directed to the allocated seating area. Only marked seats are permitted to be used.
- Once the session is completed, parents/guardians must leave the facility immediately and wait outside for their child. In order to maintain adequate physical distancing and avoid congestion, parents/guardians will not be permitted within the participant’s change/dressing area while in use.
- Upon entering the facility, participants will go to the designated dressing room/seating areas. This will be the participants for the remainder of their ice time.
- Seats are to be used to tie skates and fasten helmets. Small kit bags are to be kept neatly stored.
- Skate guards or street shoes will be left under the seat, where possible, when the participants are permitted onto the ice surface. For those users that require skate guards removed at the ice surface, physical distancing on and off the ice must be maintained and skate guards, with their water bottle, are to be placed on the boards at the bench area, keeping physical distancing in mind.
- Dressing rooms are available for use. Dressing room capacity will be listed on the doors and capacity numbers must be followed with physical distancing being maintained. Designated dressing rooms will be provided for each session. Once dressing rooms are full, overflow seating in the skaters lobby and hallway can be used.
- The washrooms in the dressing room areas are not available for use. Washrooms in the skaters lobby will be available for use.
Hygiene & Cleaning
- Be mindful of common surfaces and limit touch points as much as possible.
- Maintain 2 meters from others at all times. User groups are required to ensure that this is being followed by all participants.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Mile One Centre employees will be scheduled to clean and sanitize the facility after each group completes their ice time. This will include frequently touched surfaces and washrooms.
- User groups are required to clean and sanitize their equipment and gear after their session, or each session if multiple ice times were booked. This includes, but is not limited to pucks, pylons, markers, etc.