Position: Cashier/Ticket Sellers
Division: St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking individuals for the part-time (call-in) positions of Cashier/Ticket Seller in the Mile One Box Office. The individuals will be responsible for selling tickets to the general public, etc. for various functions and activities, maintain control and record of same.
- Check cash float.
- Sell tickets for various events by cash and credit/debit card through box office wicket sales.
- Make refunds as required.
- Take phone order credit card sales, process the sales transactions and match the tickets with the vouchers.
- Balance all cash and electronic sales with the ticketing system.
- Prepare the bank deposit and place in the holding safe.
- Prepare and sort event tickets as required for sale.
- Accept payment for ice hire/skating pass sales and write receipts for the same.
- Maintain and update the season ticket holder record.
- Provide general information to the public through telephone and walk-up inquiry. Take phone messages as required.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Education High School Graduation Diploma
- Other Certificate of Conduct
Applicants for positions must be members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 569-01, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment. Positions are open to both male and female applicants.
Cashier/Ticket Seller Rate of pay: $19.75
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3 Closing Date: August 17th, 2018
Attn: Human Resources
Or via email email@example.com