Sales and Events Assistant
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking an individual who is energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager for the St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC), the Sales and Events Assistant will work closely with the sales, events and building operations teams, as well as service partners to support events at SJCC. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail oriented; has exceptional interpersonal skills; and is adventurous, passionate, and a creative thinker for a six (6) month contract position.
- Work as part of a team, and with various service partners, to support sales and events and to provide service to the highest industry standard and to a create a seamless approach to achieving event excellence and customer satisfaction;
- Assist in sales, marketing and communications ;
- Assist in coordination of event logistics;
- Assist in security and cleaning staff scheduling;
- Prepare and distribute event information and brief staff prior to events;
- Report and maintain a file on all safety, cleaning and maintenance issues, requests, etc.;
- Prepare and review incident reports;
- Support and assist in SJCC related projects;
- Follow policies and procedures and report on all safety, cleaning and maintenance issues, requests, etc.;
- Participate in product and process development and continuous improvement;
- Other duties as required.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Applicants for positions must be members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 569-01, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment. Positions are open to both male and female applicants. Interested applicants please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to contact below.
The governing factors for the awarding of the position will be based on a combination of qualifications, skills and ability required.
- Completed or in-progress post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business, hospitality management, or related designation;
- Experience in hospitality and/or event planning an asset;
- Ability to remain positive and resourceful while working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, sometimes under pressure;
- Strong communication, analytical, and computer skills;
- Shifts may be adjusted to accommodate nights and weekend work;
- Certificate of Conduct must be provided.
Rate of Pay: To be negotiated
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 25th, 2018
Please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
Attn: Human Resources
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3
RE: SJCC Sales & Event Assistant