WE’RE HIRING – FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking a Financial Accountant who is energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Finance and Administration, the Financial Accountant will work closely with the Conference Services Managers, Sales Manager, catering team, and building operations to ensure all financial and statistical aspects of St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC) are accurate and timely. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail oriented; has exceptional analytical skills and great interpersonal skills.
- Manage all aspects of the financial functions for the SJCC including financial reporting, cost accounting and budgeting;
- Work with the management team to develop, report and analyze key performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Prepare reports on the performance of the SJCC for the Board of Directors;
- Lead the settlement process with event promoters and organizers;
- Completion of general ledger account reconciliations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Prepare operating and capital budgets for SJCC and monitors actual performance;
- Prepares financial analysis and variance reports;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Prepare payroll for non-union management;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with knowledge of hospitality industry practices and/or convention centre operations is preferred;
- Proven ability to analyze and present financial and statistical information in an easy to understand format;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Public Sector Account Standards (PSAS);
- Experience in the use of Great Plains accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
Attn: Human Resources
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL
RE: SJSEL Financial Accountant
All applications must be received by Wednesday, July 31st, 2019.