SJSEL is currently seeking a Conference Services Manager (CSM)
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking a Conference Services Manager (CSM) who is energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager for the St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC), the CSM will work closely with the catering team, the Sales Manager, and building operations to manage conferences and events. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail oriented; has exceptional interpersonal skills; and is adventurous, passionate, and a creative thinker.
- Work as part of a team, and with various service partners, to manage events to the highest industry standard and to a create a seamless approach to achieving event excellence and customer satisfaction
- Organize and coordinate all event services
- Effectively use SJSEL’s booking and event management software and be willing and able to learn various software programs related to providing IT services and digital content creation and management
- Drive function space optimization, to ensure best utilization of space for guest experience and financial performance of SJCC
- Create floor plans for each event to ensure banquets and clients are in agreement prior to set up
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Conduct pre-conference meetings with clients and the events team to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review BEOs to ensure last minute changes are communicated as required
- Confirm event related information with client and disseminate information to all as required through e-mails, event orders, and resumes in a professional and timely manner
- Manage event logistics onsite on a per event basis (Manager on Duty)
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, encouraging repeat business
- Assist in sales, marketing and communications for SJCC, including updates to website and social media
- Follow SJCC policies and procedures and report on all safety, cleaning and maintenance issues, requests, etc.
- Coordinate SJCC operations related projects
- Participate in SJCC product and process development and continuous improvement
- Work independently and effectively as a self-starter and creative thinker to solve problems, and develop new ideas
- Contribute positively to a fun and fast-paced work environment
- Other duties as required.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing, or Business related degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of five (5) years conference services management experience with knowledge of hospitality industry practices and/or convention centre operations is preferred; Experience in large upscale conference planning a must; Proven ability to plan and execute events effectively with a strong attention to detail; Excel at building trust and enthusiasm, with an innate ability to connect with people; Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment, sometimes under pressure; Strong communication, analytical, and computer skills; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
Attn: Human Resources St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. 50 New Gower Street St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3 RE: SJCC Conference Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received by Friday, March 2, 2018.