WANTED: Building Cleaners
DIVISION: ST. JOHN’S SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT LTD.
At St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. we understand that our employees are the backbone of our business. Our success is attributed to the quality and well being of our employees.
Are you a cleaner who is reliable with a positive outlook? Do you have a service-orientated approach, strong analytical and communication skills with an ability to work flexible hours including on-call requirements?
Some cleaning duties required, but are not limited to the following:
- Clean all common areas according to established standards and frequencies
- Detailed cleaning and maintenance of washrooms
- Sweeping and mopping
- Operate floor scrubber
- Glass cleaning
- Elevator polishing
- Removing garbage and recycling to maintain order and cleanliness
- Ensure storage rooms are kept clean and organized
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Some customer service related responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
- Ensure a high level of cleaning standards are maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to facility and client needs
- Maintain an overall focus on enhancing the customer experience
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contractors, service providers and colleagues
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Other duties may be required in the building cleaning of the St. John’s Convention Centre & Mile One Centre. The position will be reporting to the organization’s Facilities Coordinator.
Education: High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organization and communication skills
- Detailed cleaning minimum one (1) year experience
- Ability to work on call
- Must have the ability to follow directions
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy objects including garbage bins and furniture
- The successful candidates must provide a cleared Certificate of Conduct
- The successful applicants will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position
Applicants for positions must be members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 569-01, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment. Positions are open to both male and female applicants.
Closing Date: May 14th, 2018
Rate of Pay: $15.25 per hour
Building Cleaner – St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org