POSITION: LEAD HAND CONVERSION
DIVISION: MILE ONE CENTRE
STATUS: ONE (1) PERMANENT/PART-TIME POSITION
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Lead Hand Conversion employee will coordinate the various activities of the Conversion Crew in preparation for event set up and post event tear down. This position reports to the Manager of Building Operations.
- Provide guidance to the Conversion Crew in converting the facility from event to event. Duties will include:
- Removing glass
- Removal of boards
- Retracting seating
- Install and Remove decking
- Setting-up venue for seating
- Set-up and Tear-down of staging
- All other venue set up/tear down requirements
- Play a lead hand role in the training of new Conversion employees.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Education: High School Graduation Diploma.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the Maintenance/Conversion capacity.
- Minimum of one (1) year leadership experience.
- The successful individuals shall posses proven communication skills.
- Use email to communicate.
Other: Certificate of Conduct & Valid Driver’s License
Applicants for this position must be a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 569-01, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment. Positions are open to both male and female applicants.
Closing Date: August 17, 2018
Rate of Pay: $23.13 per hour
Apply To: Lead Hand Conversion
Mile One Centre
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3