EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Engineer (Relief)
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment is currently seeking a results-oriented individual for the part-time permanent (call in) position of Engineer reporting to the Manager, Building Operations. The individual will provide coverage for summer/vacation relief and sick leave relief. Specific duties include:
- inspection, adjustment, maintenance, service and repair of equipment, boilers, compressors, pumps, valves heaters, filters, etc.
- prepare written reports on equipment status.
- operation of ice resurfacing equipment and other duties related to the operation of a multi-use sporting and entertaining facility.
- keep work areas, tools and equipment clean and orderly.
- maintenance, cleaning and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a “4th Class” Power Engineer Certificate or higher and high school graduation diploma. Applicants must also possess a valid “Class 5” Driver’s License. A minimum of five (5) years Engineering experience with indirect refrigeration and boiler systems. Other experience with HVAC systems, basic computer knowledge in Windows based programs and experience in other related trades would be an asset. Mechanical experience including pump and fan rebuilds would also be an asset.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a certificate of conduct.
The rate of pay for the position is $33.53 per hour as per the Collective Agreement. Applicants for this position must be prepared to join Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 5459 immediately upon appointment.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes including cover letter and references, citing Engineer (Relief) in confidence by Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 to:
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3
Fax: (709) 576-8467
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond to those we wish to interview.