WE’RE HIRING a Event Logistics Coordinator!
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking an individual who is energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment. Reporting directly to the Event Logistics Manager and working closely with the Communications Coordinator and Human Resources Coordinator, the incumbent will assist in preparations for the execution of world-class musical, sports, business, cultural, and family entertainment taking place at Mile One Centre (MOC). The incumbent will also play a key role in staffing the St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC) for conferences and events. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail oriented; has exceptional interpersonal skills; and is a creative thinker to fill a full time permanent position.
This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Scheduling & Management of building security at MOC & SJCC.
- Scheduling & Management of part time staff for MOC events & games; ushers, security, parking, and suite staff.
- Scheduling & Management of part time staff for SJCC events.
- Processing event staff timesheets.
- Liaise with HR Coordinator in the hiring, training and orientation of new part time employees.
- Communicate with promoters and maintain event booking calendar.
- Upon event confirmation, communicate with promoter and production staff to determine specific requirements.
- Prepare event budgets, contracts and production notes.
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator regarding event advertising and promotion.
- Liaise with Manager of Building Operations to execute specific event requirements.
- Liaise with Box Office staff regarding event on sale.
- Review and execute requirements outlined in technical rider; arrange AV, riggers, crew, medical, security, runners, etc.
- Perform duties of Manager on Duty during events.
Candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Administration or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Closing Date: Friday, October 5th, 2018
Please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
Attn: Human Resources
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3
RE: Event Logistics Coordinator