We’re Hiring: Manager, Building Operations
Manager, Building Operations
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is responsible for the maintenance and operation of two venues; Mile One Centre and the St. John’s Convention Centre. The organization maintains its own refrigeration system, HVAC system, and two emergency power plants. As part of the senior leadership team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager, Building Operations will provide strategic direction and leadership to all facilities operations and maintenance. This includes accountability for 30 employees working in electrical, mechanical, technical, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance; utility generation and distribution; work control, energy management and centralized building systems control, preventative maintenance planning and scheduling; custodial and landscaping maintenance and initiatives.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Leading and supporting a team of tradespersons and general labourers with a strong commitment to their success and thereby the success of the operation;
- Embracing and empowering a safety culture;
- Leading and participating on departmental committees;
- Leading review and execution of shared-services agreements relating to operations and maintenance matters;
- Ensuring all legislative and compliance obligations are met;
- Monitoring the schedule of all electrical/mechanical shutdowns and planning of regular maintenance including the installation of new and/or replacement equipment;
- Developing deferred maintenance plans and budgets in collaboration with the senior leadership team;
- Making recommendations, and performing and requesting studies related to the facilities environment;
- Developing and allocating project and departmental budgets as well as identifying priorities for major equipment replacement and procurement decisions;
- Guiding the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the organization’s changing business requirements;
- Optimizing the organization’s CMMS and technical operations so as to ensure excellence in event-delivery and patron experience;
- Liaise with the Human Resources department on labour relations and recruiting needs.
Candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering or related field. A minimum of 5 years progressive management experience along with a strong knowledge of mechanical equipment is preferred. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader with outstanding communication and organizational skills, capable of directing the work of the maintenance and technical department, while also managing the demands of new and changing priorities in the event industry. The ability to effectively manage a diverse work group and communicate effectively with the various stakeholders, clients and contractors of Mile One Centre and the St. John’s Convention Centre. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Interested applicants please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL
RE: Manager, Building Operations
All applications must be received by Thursday, November28th, 2019